The 1Point2 team brings together skills in industrial engineering, operational research, programming languages, project management, and above all the expertise due to years of simulation services.
1Point2 has built hundreds of simulation models, trained hundreds of users in the software it distributes, spent hundreds of hours listening to decision makers and understanding their needs.
The construction of turnkey models, with guarantees of lasting skills
For your flow study, there is a continuum of solutions more or less accompanied by 1Point2, among which:
- Help in developing the specifications,
- Collaboration and follow-up until the validation of the model,
- Engineers experts in simulation tools and methods,
- Focus on the interface, inter-application communication and animation,
- Standardized methodology for conducting a simulation study,
- Fixed price projects, controlled study costs and development time.
A simulation study done by service providers does not imply excessive costs: an expert works fast, with tools he has a perfect knowledge of, and he is committed to respect specifications and delays. For a first experiment, this will limit drifts (costs, delays, consistency) common in a study entirely realized internally.
The results of the study will be provided in several ways, according to your needs:
- we can launch all simulations, analyze the results and present them with our recommendations: the model is exploited by us, not directly by you.
- we can also deliver one or several models to be used with a runtime version of the software. You will be able to test existing models with new data, but you won’t build new models or change existing ones. With little training, you learn how to run simulations and get results.
- you may use the models with a development version of the software. You will choose this option if you wish to continue with simulation, hoping to built alternative versions and see the model evolve with new ideas in the following months. Training and expertise transfer is of course longer.
Well-oiled training courses, adaptable to your specific needs
The training courses we offer are led by 1Point2 engineers, in groups of 3 to 6 trainees, face-to-face or remotely. Fine-tuned over the years, they use many application exercises, to help students understand in practice the concepts and tools used.
In general, these are held within a same company, which allow the content to be adapted to the specific needs of the participants, for example with case studies arising from the client’s issues.
Our standard courses:
- Flow modeling and dynamic simulation.
- Use of ExtendSim software (beginners, advanced users).
- Getting started with PyroSim software (beginner users).
- Use of Pathfinder software (beginner users).
- Simulation and scheduling.
1Point2 is a training organization registered under number 82 3805540.38, referenced by Datadock. This registration does not constitute state approval.
Our technical support when you need it
The current available simulation tools, accessible both technically and financially, make it possible for any company to consider developing some internal simulation competency une compétence simulation pour mettre à l’épreuve une organisation, pour tester des modifications envisagées ou mieux comprendre les pistes d’amélioration d’un système existant. Pour la première étude, nous conseillons toutefois de ne pas se lancer tout seul.
Whatever the context, the first simulation project puts up with all teething problems: first use of new software, initial confrontation to the stages of a study, modelling situations that were never met.
We provide a stock of assistance hours, which can be used at your request at any phase of the project: help in defining the scope of the study, selection of relevant indicators and parameters, validation of modeling, coding of specific rules, high-level interface layer, formatting of data import/export, model diagnostics, assistance in running simulations …
Screen sharing and model exchange allow for a flexible and responsive use of these hours of expertise, as you see fit.
Our expertise facing non standard issues
Our involvement in your project can take other forms than carrying out standard flow studies. With the programming languages and software (simulation and others) that we master, we have developed:
- ExtendSim blocks or block libraries,
- The coupling of the simulation tool with other software,
- Utilities for automating the execution of design of experiments,
- Specific interfaces,
- Graphical use of result data,
- And many other specific developments requiring programming.